October 19, 10:00-13:00
#MissionCriticalEverything: How to enable sustainable next generation mission critical communications
This event will explore the joint efforts needed to materialise the potential of 3GPP defined Mission Critical Services to become the foundation of a new generation of reliable and secure communications. Already spanning public safety, railway, maritime and utilities, these services face traditionally niche markets, de facto standards and vendor lock-in. Thus, communities working in these areas are moving towards standardised mobile broadband technologies in order to leverage their economy of scale as well as the rich and innovative ecosystem. We have the opportunity now to inform how to do this.
We will welcome representatives of: mission critical applications and devices vendors from the CEE region, academia and start-ups interested on building innovative apps for mission critical everything, public safety, railways, maritime, utilities, mobile operators, governments from the CEE region and from the UK, regulators.
The session will bring together relevant stakeholders to identify current gaps, define concrete opportunities, and contribute building a community capable of pushing initiatives towards such standardised processes. It will feature collaborative discussions and hands-on sessions related to:
- How can a Mission Critical Communication system be a win-win for everyone, nationally, cross-nationally, and at the EU level?
- What are key enablers that push Mission Critical Communication innovation forward?
- What is role of open and unified APIs in enabling healthy multivendor ecosystems and competitiveness?
- How can this handle different life cycles of commercial and mission critical applications and devices?
- How can harmonization Europe can help?
- What do we really mean by Mission Critical and why is “another app” not enough?
Participation in the workshop is free of charge, but invitation-only, please e-mail to Katrina Petersen, PSCE if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event location – Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, Elizabetes iela 55, Rīga
Event room “Tau”