Our commitment to privacy: We want you to know how we collect and use the data you provide to us, and that’s what we offer you on this page.
The following terminology is used throughout this document:
- 5G Forum - 5G Techritory, the 2nd annual Baltic Sea Region 5G Ecosystem Forum which will be held on November 27-29, 2019, in Riga, Latvia;
- Registration Website - Webpage, where happens 5G Forum participant registration;
- Controller - VAS "Elektroniskie sakari" ("Electronic Communications Office of Latvia" SJSC), Registration No. 40003021907, Registered/office address: Eksporta street 5, Riga, LV-1010, contact email: email@example.com; The Organizer of 5G Techritory, the 2nd annual Baltic Sea Region 5G Ecosystem Forum;
- Personal data - any information relating to an identified or identifiable person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier or a set of features which, in themselves or in the context of other information available to the Controller, make it possible to identify a particular individual.
- Data subject - a living natural person whose Personal Data are processed by the Controller for a specific purpose; In the context of the 5G Forum, the Data Subject is the person who has taken steps to visit the 5G Forum Registration Website, enter information on the 5G Forum Registration Website, or contact the Controller on the 5G Forum using contact information;
- Personal data processing - any processing of the Data subject's Personal Data, including, but not only to data collection, data storage, data transfer, data modification, data use and data erasure
The purpose of the Information notice is to inform data subjects of the nuances of data processing in compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter GDPR), and at the same time - adopt the terms and conditions of the other Party, the Controller, to enable the 5G Forum concerned to take place.
The Registration Website visitors are completely free to choose whether to accept or deny the relevant offer, and in the event of non-acceptance, only processed information will be of legitimate interest to the Controller - the retention of technical connection information for maintenance and security of the Registration Website. However, the visitor to the Registration Website should be aware that failure to accept the offer and failure to provide the relevant data means that he / she will not be able to participate in the 5G Forum as a member.
- Personal Data Protestion Officer - Controller’s personal data processing specialist contact information: e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number - +371 66955131;
- Data processors - The processing of personal data in order to achieve the purposes (purposes) of the processing of personal data shall be carried out by:
- Staff members, in accordance with their duties resulting from their employment or service relationship with the Controller;
- Outsourced service providers who have a contractual relationship with the Controller that governs the protection of personal data and provides that Personal Data of the Data Subject may only be processed in accordance with the instructions provided by the Controller and may not be used for other purposes;
- Data processing location (region) and type - The Controller processes personal data within the European Union and does not transfer it outside the European Union, nor does the Controller process the personal data automatically - Personal data are always processed by the person in the decision-making process. Exceptionally, if the Controller intends to transfer data outside the territory of the European Union for a specific purpose or in specific situations, this will be indicated by reference to the specific purpose / situation of data processing.
- Informations collection, storage and security - The Controller shall ensure that all information is collected over an encrypted Internet connection (HTTPS protocol) and stored in such a way that it is accessible only in part or in full to authorized persons. Upon discovery of an incident, the Controller will, within 72 hours, assess its potential harm to the data subject's interests and, in accordance with regulatory requirements, inform the supervisory authority and the data subjects of the action taken and possible to mitigate the damage.
- Rights of the data subject and their realization - data subject has unrestricted right to obtain, request, delete, update or limit information processed by the Controller by contacting the Controller or its Data Protection Officer and following the instructions provided; in some cases, a full participant identity check may require a face-to-face authentication in the Controller's legal address; and given the nature, nature and purposes of the processing, not all rights of the data subject may be enforceable in all cases. For example, the right of deletion of data by a participant of the 5G Forum regarding mandatory information is not enforceable as enforcing it would limit the rights of other members and the Controller.
- The data subject may in any case apply to the nearest data protection supervisory authority in accordance with the procedures it shall determine; The Latvian supervisory authority, the Data State Inspectorate, has provided information on how to apply when submitting an application on its home page, www.dvi.gov.lv.
Purpose of basic data processing and types of data to be collected
Purpose of basic data processing: Organization of 5G Forum, including registering members, creating a list of members, checking members, providing informal communication between members (i.e. networking and afterparty).
Legal basis for basic data processing: The legitimate interest of the Controller in ensuring the conduct of the 5G Forum, as well as the acceptance of the Participant and the adoption of the relevant rules on participation, in accordance with points (b) and (f) of the first paragraph of Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Types of data to be processed:
- Required fields:
- Identification code - Pseudo-minimised participant-identifiable information that is granted by automatic sending of an invitation or by accepting membership to members who have applied for themselves;
- First name - Participants name or names
- Last name - Participants last name
- Company / organization - the name of the company / organisation (private or public) represented by the participant;
- Position – the position that a member holds requires a better understanding of the fields of visitor responsibility and a better adaptation of content;
- Country - Country, from which the visitor came, the field is needed for better understanding of the participant region, for better content adaptation;
- E-mail address - required email address for communication with the participant;
- A brief description of its motivation - it is mandatory for those participants who have not been invited by the Controller automatically assigned an identification code to indicate the motivation to attend the 5G Forum, since the measure is organised free of charge and the number of seats is limited, so that the Controller reserves the right to assess the eligibility of the participants for the measure. The evaluation shall be carried out only by the staff of the Controller and any decision-making without direct human participation shall not be carried out. When filling in the field, indicate only objectionable facts about participation, avoiding the indication of personal information or information which is not processed in accordance with regulatory enactments, such as personal data of specific categories (data indicating the race, ethnic origin of a person, information on the person's veseleb or sexual life, religion, philosophical or political convictions).
- Fields which are optional (not mandatory) to fill in:
- Phone number - the information is necessary, if there are any urgent, emergency statements, but the field may also not be filled and in which case emergency notices will be sent to the registered email, communicated to visitors to the 5G Forum in a generally accessible location or manner;
- Persons photo - information is needed to ensure better communication between participants and more personal, but the addition of a photograph is entirely voluntary and the only consequence of its non-attachment is that other participants will not recognise the person concerned when communicating with each other using electronic means or in person. The photo must be compulsory for the person applying for the event, the photo must be in accordance with the typical / common norms of behaviour accepted by the public, it must not show any other person, animals or objects. The Controller reserves the right to assess the appropriateness of photo provided and to delete irrelevant photos.
- Other fields that are not mandatory to fill in, which represents notes the willingness of a member to attend additional events with a limited number of visitors, which means that the application for a specific event does not guarantee the possibility of visiting the event, but the Controller will do everything to allow as many visitors as possible to participate in additional activities, for instance:
- 5G Policy Maker Hackathon;
- Hackathon of the leading 5G technology start-ups “X-Hackathon”;
- B2B Speed Networking Event;
- Social event on the first day;
- Technically populated fields:
- A statement that the person has met and accepts the information relating to the processing of personal data - to participate in 5G Forum, this item must be checked in and checking represents "Yes";
- A note on whether the person agrees (gives consent) that his or her contact details (email and other mandatory fields, other than the motivational description) will be used in turmatic communication following the conduct of the 5G Forum, informing others, related events and news. The person, at any time, will be able to withdraw consent to receive any information in accordance with the instructions given in the emails, must at the same time take into account that the consent to the processing of the information provides a legal basis for sending at least one information email. Please be aware - withdrawal of consent will not influence the legality of data procession, permitted before withdrawing of consent! N.B.: This field (and choice) does not apply to statements that are sent before or during the 5G Forum and are organizational.
Duration of processing: pending the achievement or modification of the purpose of data processing, but not exceeding 5 years if the modification of other similar measures is not carried out.
Related data processing purposes
 Description of the legal grounds for the processing of personal data related to the visit (opening) of the Registration Website:
Process: The Controller shall carry out the processing of personal data in order to ensure the functioning of the Registration Website, including, collecting and storing technical information regarding the connection (e.g. connection IP address, connection date and time), as well as organising the circulation of cookies;
Purpose and Legal Reason: The legitimate interest of the Controller (point "f" of the first paragraph of Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation) to maintain the Marketing site in order to ensure the conduct of the 5G Forum, as well as to ensure the safety of the Registration Website – to detect, evaluate, detect and prevent technical problems or unlawful conduct by third parties.
Duration of processing: 5 years or, in the detection of an incident, until the full prevention of the incident and the consequences thereof, including the completion of proceedings for damages.
 Description of the legal basis for the processing of personal data related to the performance of the Company's legal duties:
Process: The Controller shall carry out the processing of personal data, compile and transfer them (personal data) to the national regulatory authorities or to the court after receipt of an official request and in accordance with the procedures specified in the Law;
Purpose and Legal Reasons: Performance of the obligations under the Accounting Officer Law (Section 6, first paragraph, point "c" of the General Data Protection Regulation) — Performance of lawful requests from national regulatory authorities or courts;
Duration of processing: according to the purpose of the processing of basic data, but upon the occurrence of the relevant request, according to its nature, however, in any case the term of storage shall not be less than 3 years - in accordance with the requirements for the storage of the statutory documents for the organisation of accounts.
 Description of the legal basis for the processing of personal data related to the planning and conduct of the follow-up activities:
Process: Controller, on the basis of the agreement of the 5G Forum member, will contact the email provided by the participant, sending information on other, similar events and other related news. In each consignment, describing the possibility for data subjects to withdraw their consent to data processing.
Purpose and Legal Reasons: Transmission of news and other useful information to data subjects on the basis of their consent, provided with a full understanding of the legal nature and effects of the consent (Article 6, first paragraph, point "a" of the General Data Protection Regulation). Failure to give consent does not affect the rights and behaviour of the individual concerned in the 5G Forum, but further information on the related measures and other related information will not take place. Consent must be revoked at any time, but the withdrawal of consent will affect the processing of data in the future, i.e. by agreeing to the processing of data for that purpose the data subject is aware that it will receive at least one information notice.
Duration of processing: until withdrawal of consent or renewal of consent in another similar measure, but for a maximum of 5 years if no renewal of the information takes place.
 Description of the purpose of the processing of personal data relating to the legitimate interests of the Controller and the legal basis for the processing of personal data:
Process: In the event of a potential claim on the part of the data subject or, having determined that the data subject, by its action, has caused damage to the property, interest or reputation of the Controller by providing an appropriate claim against the data subject, as well as the identification, accumulation and demonstration of the history of the activities of the Controller, the information of the members registered for the 5G Forum and photographs of the participants who are recorded during the course of the 5G Forum shall be stored and transferred to other persons in specified cases.
Purpose and Legal Reasons: The legitimate interests of the Controller (Article 6, first paragraph, point "f" of the General Data Protection Regulation):
- protect their legitimate interests in judicial or extrajudicial proceedings;
- maintaining information on their historical activities and development, and promoting the Controller, its activities and issues related to the 5G Forum, including taking photographs and video recordings and making public via the public communications channels of the Controller (e.g., the website of the Controller);
Duration of processing: according to the nature of the legitimate interest in question, the protection of its legitimate interests for a maximum of 10 years, whereas the processing of historical information without a time limit, as the purpose of data processing is permanent.
If you have any additional questions about the processing of your data, please contact our personal data protection specialist , writing us to the email email@example.com
 As a data subject, you are entitled to request detailed information about data processing, including data processed for you, data processing purposes and legal justification, data recipients, duration and other aspects of your data processing.You are also entitled to request data correction as well as data deletion. However, due to the specifics of the processing of information, not all the data may be corrected or deleted. For questions relating to the processing of your data, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
 In any case, if you suspect that your data processing was unlawful, you are entitled to file a complaint with the data protection authority, acting in accordance with the complaint procedure specified by the data protection authority. In Latvia, data protection supervision is ensured by the Data State Inspectorate (www.dvi.gov.lv).
 Other information about data processing:
- The Controller uses Personal data collected directly from you and from scanning your badge to facilitate and improve your experience at the 5G Forum. For more protection of your Personal data the Organizer uses Bar Code on your badge, which is pseudonymization of your data, because Bar Code does not carry any personal information, however, contains a unique ID code that is correlated with your Personal Data, including but not limited to your name, company, phone number, mailing address, and email address. The Controller does not share scanned information with any third parties for commercial purposes.