November 29, 14.30-17.30 (EET)
5G-ROUTES takes to the waters:
Seamless connectivity over the sea and on harbours
Nine countries share a coastline with the Baltic sea, which covers an area of nearly 400,000 square km, making it larger than Finland. Communication in, on, and around the sea and waterways is an indispensable part of the European communication and mobility network. Technology should be enabling that, right? Join 5G-ROUTES in discussing the business perspectives and merits of maritime-based connectivity.
5G-ROUTES is a project that focuses on conducting advanced large-scale field trials of Connected & Automated Mobility (CAM) applications to demonstrate seamless 5G functionality across the Via Baltica-North corridor to accelerate the widespread deployment of 5G E2E interoperable CAM ecosystems and services in digitised shipways, railways and motorways throughout Europe.
14.30 Welcome and Opening of the Event
- Overview of 5G-ROUTES Project
- Event scope and structure
- Business Pitch: “Seamless connectivity on maritime transport: Current and future needs and trends”
- Introducing Business models for enabling ’seamless connectivity’ for maritime services:
1) 5G-coverage over the sea
2) Ferry as a test platform for future maritime communication
- Breakout session: future maritime services enabled by seamless connectivity
- Consolidation of identified services and voting session
- Interactive discussion on barriers and recommendations of the commercialisation process
- Summary outcomes and Closing Remarks
17.30 End of the Event
What to expect
This event focuses on investigating the business perspective of maritime technological developments within the 5G-ROUTES project, the results of which will be scaled and implemented at-large.
During the event, you will:
- Discuss and interact with key stakeholders of the maritime domain on future emerging services
- Identify the first possible case studies enabled by such technologies
- Discuss main barriers to their implementation
- Identify key recommendations for their successful introduction to the market
Regardless of whether you are already convinced of the potential of seamless connectivity in the maritime sector or would like to debate it, we would particularly value your active participation and feedback.
Registration is free of charge, please e-mail to Iveta.Ciganova@lmt.lv
More information about the project: www.5g-routes.eu