Master of Science in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Master of Business Administration (Sloan Fellow), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States
· Senior Vice President Europe, Nokia 2015
· President, Greater China Region, Nokia Networks 2012-2015
· Head of Customer Operations, Greater China Region, Nokia Siemens Networks 2010-2012
· Global Head of Sales and Marketing, Radio Access Business Unit, Nokia Siemens Networks 2007-2009 Senior Vice President, Head of Strategy and Marketing, Siemens Mobile Networks 2005-2007
· Senior Vice President, Head of Global Customer Unit, Vodafone, Siemens Mobile Networks 2001-2005
Markus is currently Senior Vice President Europe at Nokia. In this role he leads all operations across Europe including sales, business management and delivery. Since 2016, Markus is also President of DIGITALEUROPE.
With more than 25 years of international experience in the telecommunications, IT and IT Services industries, Markus is a leader who is passionate about driving innovation, customer satisfaction, strategic breakthroughs and business turnarounds.
Prior to his current position, Markus served as President of Nokia Greater China. During this time, he managed to establish Nokia Networks as the leading non-Chinese LTE supplier.
Earlier positions include leading the worldwide sales and marketing activities of the Radio Access business unit in Nokia Siemens Networks from 2007 to 2009. As head of Strategy and Marketing in Siemens Mobile, he shaped the merger between the networks divisions of Nokia and Siemens from inception to completion.
Earlier in his career, Markus held various other leadership roles within Siemens in Europe as well as Singapore.
We create the technology to connect the world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
We adhere to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. Nokia is enabling the infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things to transform the human experience.