October 18, 13:00 (EEST): #5GMadeTogether: Open RAN deployments – what’s next for CEE. 5G Lab launch
Last year we started discussion about the future of telecommunications for Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). We got together with stakeholders from organisations active in the mobile telecommunications market – mobile operators, regulators, R&D centres, governments and business associations representatives. During the roundtable we shed some light on the current situation back then and focused on consequences of actions or lack of actions for the future. We set three goals for ourselves:
- Initiate the discussion about the future with a hope new partnerships would emerge
- Share best practices and inspire each other to think big in terms of the potential we have in CEE
- Create and promote the belief that CEE can take responsibility for itself and not rely only on others. And that the region could be a true innovation leader and technology exporter.
This year we’d like to evaluate the progress made from the last meeting, reflect on what’s changed and plan the next steps. One of the most important outcomes of the roundtable is the first in the region 5G Open RAN laboratory that will be deployed soon – the official inauguration will happen during the meeting. Another milestone would be an MoU between various stakeholders which will be signed.
Special focus will be put on private networks. There is a growing awareness of benefits such networks provide. The trend is strengthened by regulations which favour deployments of private 5G in the region.
The agenda will include three main sections:
- History – reflection on the progress made
- Present – what can be done with the assets we have?
- Future – defining next steps and signing the MoU
The event is part of the 5G Techritory, the largest telco event in CEE which in 2022 gathered over 2500 participants from 68 countries. IS-Wireless is proud Knowledge Partner of the conference and organiser of the Open RAN co-creation event.
Registration is free of charge, please e-mail to Rafal Sanecki: firstname.lastname@example.org