October 17, 09:30 (EEST):
UK & Baltic Sea Region Workshop on Future Telecoms & Diverse, Open, and Interoperable Networks
On October 17th, the UK and Latvia will co – host a regional workshop on Future Telecoms, this 1 – day event will explore the opportunities for cooperation and collaboration between UK and Baltic sea region on open and interoperable networks, 6G and broader Future Telecoms. We’re excited to build on our November 2022 workshop in this upcoming event, and look forward to gathering experts from government, industry and academia for engaging sessions that incorporate the themes of security, standards setting, skills development and research and development (R&D).
The workshop will consist of two parts:
- Government to government
The workshop will feature panel discussions and presentations on various topics related to future telecoms and will conclude with a Networking reception on Future Telecoms at the British Ambassador’s residence.
The Regional Workshop on Future Telecoms & Diverse, Open and Interoperable Networks will feature presentations and panel discussions on:
- Telecoms: Building Secure and Resilient Networks
- How can government support skills sharing and development in Future Telecoms?
- Latvian 5G / Future Telecoms Policy
- Collaborating cross – sectorally: How can we build a global 6G / Future Telecoms ecosystem?
- How government and industry can work together: The role of standards and patents
- Supporting innovation through competition: spotlight on the UK’s approach to Future Telecoms R&D
- Open RAN Labs: Coordinating and cooperating on tests & trials